Meet the Team
Specialist in: contractor/IR 35 accounting and tax, business incorporation and sole director companies.
Services include: incorporation advice, tax compliance, ongoing business support and planning.
Fellow of the Chartered Institute of England and Wales (FCA); Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) and Fellow of the Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)
With experience gained over twenty years in the industry, including 12 years at Airbus UK Ltd as a Finance Manager working on finance capability, finance planning and information systems, Kath is well-versed in all areas of financial management, both large and small.
Her clients have variously described her as straight talking, highly professional and responsive – lack of response being a frequently-heard moan in accounting circles; and yes, she is totally prepared to nag until your paperwork is complete.
Specialist in: Supporting clients and ensuring they are ready for Making Tax Digital (MTD), VAT, payroll and training in online accounting software solutions – as well as keeping calm under pressure, remaining patient at all times, and offering a steadying, helping hand to clients fighting their way through their tax and accounting commitments!
Sharon has previously run a haulage business, where she was responsible for all the bookkeeping, using SAGE, and for staff recruitment.
Prior to that, she worked for GE Capital in various roles from customer service and asset management to training and quality systems – where she was a ‘black belt’ in DFSS (Design for Six Sigma, a management process focussed on continual improvement and development of products, services and systems).
Office and Payroll Administrator
Specialist in: Payroll, CIS and auto enrolment.
Lisa joined us in September 2016 as an apprentice and has now achieved stage 3 in the AAT qualifications.. She quickly took on the payroll responsibility for all our clients and supports them with leavers/joiners and all payroll related matters.
Her knowledge now extends to auto enrolment. She can set up a NEST scheme for you and ensure you meet all your obligations in terms of letters to staff and filing your declaration of compliance with the Pensions Regulator.
We’re a member firm of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) and is run by Kath Docherty. The practice is based in North Bristol but enjoys a client base throughout the UK.
We work with start-ups looking to incorporate and grow, small to medium businesses who want to outsource book keeping, tax and accountancy requirements, and contractors who will often not have the time or the expertise to manage this side of their business themselves.
A few of the benefits of letting us help you with your tax and accounting:
- — Support: We provide a full range of support and one point of contact for all services – everything from payroll and VAT to company secretarial matters.
- — Security: We use a secure client portal to publish all payroll, accounts and returns.
- — Expertise: We stay up to date with all the latest legislation and tax rulings through extensive continuing professional development.
- — Price: We offer fixed price packages for contractors and monthly payment plans for limited companies.
- — Technology: We support the use of online accounting software such as Kashflow, Quickbooks©, Xero and Freeagent, which means we have access to your data, enabling us to support you in understanding the performance of your business and ensuring your accounts are correct and up to date.
- — Cover: We carry professional indemnity insurance, in the unlikely event of something goes wrong.
In the words of a recent client:
“As a newbie contractor, Kath helped me set up my Limited Company and has since managed the accounts for the last 18 months. She has consistently and promptly provided invaluable advice and guidance no matter how basic my query has been! For me, this approachability, her knowledge and her trustworthiness are the keys to a successful business relationship.
Finally, as an IT Security specialist, one important aspect is the adoption of a secure document transfer system that is easy to use and helps ease my mind with the knowledge that privacy, confidentiality and integrity are taken seriously.”
Rob Hackney, IT security specialist